Find information about events and opportunities at Dranesville here!
Dranesville UMC will conduct a communion service at 5:00 PM on Sunday August 30th 2020. The outdoor service is on the church grounds. Preregistration is required on two separate online forms, one for Dranesville and one for the Virginia United Methodist Conference.
1. Please click here to complete the registration form for Dranesville UMC. Complete this form anytime between now and Wednesday August 25th 2020.
2. Please click here to complete the Virginia United Methodist Conference Health Acknowledgment Form during the period between Monday August 24th and Friday August 28th. Note that Dranesville UMC is in the Arlington District.
In the event of rain, the service will be held at 5:00 PM on Sunday September 6th 2020. Note that you will have to resubmit the Virginia United Methodist Conference Health Acknowledgment Form after Wednesday September 2nd 2020 should the service be delayed by weather.
ALL in-person activities at Dranesville UMC are currently suspended indefinitely in an abundance of caution due to the COVID-19 virus
Scripture Readings for Sunday, August 9, 2020
Sunday, August 9, 2020 Sermon Manuscript
This week’s prelude, “He Hideth My Soul” is an original recording on piano by Dranesville UMC Accompanist, Kim H.
Click below to hear this week’s hymns:
Submit A Prayer Request
Click here to submit a prayer request to the pastor
For our next collection for LINK on Sunday July 26 2020, please donate grocery gift cards from your favorite grocery store.
Please buy gift cards in small denominations so that LINK can include them in the grocery bags that are delivered to the families. Please, no cards over $25.
If you prefer to write a check, please make the check payable to “Dranesville UMC” with “LINK” on the memo line.
Mail your grocery gift card or check donation to:
1089 Liberty Meeting Court
Herndon, VA 20170-2359
Please include the word LINK on the lower-left corner of the envelope.
Our next collection for LINK will be on Sunday, August 23, 2020, and will return to collecting non-perishable items with a contactless drop-off at the church.
Another successful drop of cases of water from Dranesville United Methodist Church. Donated to the Reston District Police Station by Janet S. Officer Horita sends a thank you for the timely and generous donation that went on ice immediately. They were very thankful for the kind cards sent!
Instructions for INDIVIDUAL donations of water and notes of gratitude:
- WEAR DRANESVILLE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH T-SHIRT while delivering.
- The station is located off Cameron Glen Road across from the Reston Library. Park near the Red spheres in the front.
- Call 703-478-0904 opt #0, for officer assistance and they will come with a cart.
- They will ask for contact information on the donor, so include on your note of gratitude. Sign your name and Dranesville United Methodist Church underneath.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being a part of a volunteer group from church that delivers the bulk donation
Shop at smile.amazon.com
Choose Dranesville United Methodist Church as your favorite charity.
Same products, same prices, same services as the Amazon you know.
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases.
Cancellation of in-person worship services for all Virginia Conference churches has been extended. Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions here: https://www.vaumc.org/Coronavirus2020
All in-person activities at Dranesville UMC are canceled indefinitely. We will monitor the situation and resume worship and activities when appropriate.
Our contactless “drop-off” collection has been such a huge help to our community during this time of need, that Dranesville UMC has decided to hold the food drive monthly. We know the congregation will embrace this opportunity to help even more often.